R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xcelorin LOS9515, low voltage comes on and stutters
Old 10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
brianmiller
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy Xcelorin LOS9515, low voltage comes on and stutters

This is my first post to this forum, it looks like there are tons of smart people here! Maybe you can help me.

I have a Traxxas Rustler VXL. I'm running the stock Velineon brushless motor and my stock ESC finally smoked with my 3s1p 5000mah 25c battery.

I just purchased the Losi Xcelorin LOS9515 ESC. This controller seems pretty nice but I have one big problem.

If I hit full throttle the red light starts blinking and the car stutters really bad when the throttle is pegged. If I let off and hit it again sometimes it will discharge 100% and other times it will stutter really bad. The car is pretty much un-usable because of this.

I'm using a TP-610C charger and never had this issue with the Velineon ESC. I have pretty much perfect solider joints and connections. I've tuned the Xcelroin every which way, set everything conservitively, maxed everything, timing, initial start, thorttle curve, etc...

Also, the low voltage cutoff is set to 9volts. I put a volt recorder on the power the source and under max load (car flipping over), the battery never drops below 10.9 volts. Why would the red light start blinking?

Thanks for any help.