R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PRS 64 pitch pinions
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 AM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...I REALLY Don't like the price - but I can NOT knock the Quality of the PRS Gears...but with the cost savings of running B/L and LIPO, I'm still MONEY ahead.

I've been spoiled over the years having a sponsorship from ROBINSON RACING PRODUCTS back about 15 years ago, then having KIMBROUGH Supply all my SPUR needs for the past 10-12 years...

Now I've been paying 'RETAIL' for the PRS...after NOT having to Buy a gear for more than a dozen years....

That being said, I have no doubt the TOOLING for a Gear Company now can NOT be cheap...and to get the return on the investment...the price IS what it IS.

For the BIG Oval tracks we use the ultra tiny 76 tooth SPUR, and they hold up great to the abuse of our 65+ MPH runs. We also use the Pinions from about 45 - 65 on the various tracks we run. They are incredibly LIGHT and Durable...and they LAST a long time....so it's not just a PURCHASE, it's an investment.

Now we need to up the PINION size to 70, and DROP the SPUR size to 70...cause I want to be able to run a 1:1 (we're at 1.17:1 now)