R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Low_E
Tech Regular

Sohlman, CraigM, thx guys,

I've been asking these questions on different fora. You guys are the first to give me some useful, to-the-point answers

I will definitely try this set-up as a starting point.

but as I am still learning ... could you explain me how one can change ackerman? I am not able to find anything about "ackermann" o the set-up-sheet but I guess, if I learned correctly, this is done by switching the steering rod-connection to a different hole on the steering block?

About "5mm hex hub". I only have the standard 4mm Hex wheel hubs. I guess I could use those and add a spacer? ... Or just use the 4mm, as CraigM says

Also, I learned from some veteran tamiya-racers, that the Tamiya-shocks should be 62mm long, so I always build them that way on my previous TA05. Why did you choose to make them 61.5mm? Does it make a (big) difference?

And then I have yet another question. The building manual mentions you should not spray the belts with some products. But somewhere else I've read that it helps to spray some WD40 on a cloth and to wipe the belts with it and that it helps to smoothing the belts.
My belts are brand new. I thougt it might help to loosen them up or is it something that has to be avoided?

@ Sohlman:

How did you add the extra weight on the Lipo? As a lead sheet on top of the Lipo?
Did you use some more lead or weight in other positions on the chassis?
What brand of oil were you using? Was it Losi oil?

and ... if I might still add these questions
Do you have this set-up-sheet also in a greater resolution?
How do you make this (very clear) digital set-up-sheets?

Again, THX! for previous advice ...
and thx in advance for helping me out with my other questions.

Last edited by Low_E; 10-19-2008 at 01:13 AM.