R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 05:39 PM
TomB
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
I've tried something a little different rebuilding the diffs w/o the orings. Instead of using the o-ring, I instead spread some Red permatex silicone on the edge where the o-ring sits. I'm careful to make sure the area is clean(denatured alcohol) so the silicone will adhere. You need to use just a tiny amount of silicone. Once the diff halves are put together I use an exacto knife to remove excess silicone, and to seal the edge. I also make sure the silicone edge seals just the seam where the two diff halves come together. This has made for a diff that doesn't leak, and makes for easier rebuilds. In rebuilding, the silicone maintains it's integrity and it's easy to simply change the oil and put the two halves back together w/o the fear of distorting the now oil saturated o-ring or needing a replacement o-ring.

yep i've been doing this as well, works alot better than those o rings. no leaks. excess just comes out of the diff/oring area if there is any.

with the CF pads, they work great. i've been using the KM racing ones, but i think that KM racing OEM's for other companies anyway, so they are all the same. (the KM racing pads had black brake fibre pads though, not the cream coloured ones pictured.