R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:26 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
WYD, i think its just the luck of the draw. Ive been running my MM with an orion vortex 7.5 old style for nearly a year now, no problems ever with it besides having to change bearings & so on. After a new lipo batt, im about to try out the new vortex race motor, probably a 6.5. Even before the new firmware released, i was running the 7.5 on the old firmware with no dramas aswell. standard settings, never touched the throttle & brake curves either.

Ive heard a few ppl getting great results out of a sensored motor with an MM by modifying the throttle curve, i guess its just a matter of trial & error in that department. Ive also heard fitting thicker gauge wire will also help reduce cogging/hesitation, ive replaced my old wires with 12awg wire just to freshen up the wires, was fairly straightforward for me to do, the 12awg fitted straight into the solder post holes with no problems.

theDover - if you have mates with sensored systems & would like to give a sensored 13.5 a go, try it with ur MM, if you find that is coggs/what not, try the methods described above...
THe lower winds like the 7.5, 6.5 and lower work alot better than 13.5 and 17.5 motors do. The high winds tend to have start up issues but like you mention with the lower winds you are using no problems.