R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
metheny
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I know ft meyers and it's not exactly a small track with straight 180's, for everyone else, I included the link to their track to see the photos to compare with their own tracks because not everyone makes it around as much as we do. I hope to see you all at one of the forgass races soon.

Like I said as well, I have never run a diff so it is pure speculation on my part when I say that it would help under corner loaded braking since you don't really have straight braking sections there. I could see it helping on slight high speed steering as well. I'm glad you guys were able to set me straight that it is just better all around.

Enlighten us then Chris so we can learn from your experience, describe why a diff is so much better there if you never use the brakes? How can it be better than a spool at both entering and exiting? Usually you have to give up a bit of speed on corner entry to get more corner exit speed. A spool/oneway uses as much grip as you can get on throttle exit and only really suffers if you can't brake in a straight line and in sweepers like ft meyers.

From my electric days it seems like a one way would be a good option if you didn't have to brake at all since it frees up the car off power even more than a diff does but I've never done more than test a few laps with a oneway in a nitro car because the spool is always better for me (and was for electric too) so I have the most experience with it.
ok brian its real simple show up at a big race and kick all our asses and we will try to beleive all this crap that you write about. I bet im not the only one that feels this way about you.... I dont really care about how much knowledge you think you can spit out. Dont talk about things you dont know unless you ready to get slap around on here.... I for one know about Ft myers and you havent a clue, go and turn some laps and then give you your 2 cents. How is that for ENLIGHTENMENT