R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 04:44 AM
hlpressley
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Hey guys I just got my 8ight-E from Ultimate Hobbies yesterday and it looks really nice. However, I have a few questions if you guys would be so kind as to help me out. Keep in mind I am not a nitro guy so this is my very first 1/8 scale buggy. With that said here goes.

1. What type of pinions are needed to replace the supplied pinion? I am assuming the bore size is pretty large right compared to the normal run of the mill pinions. A link to where I could order a few would be great.

2. Are the bodies that come with these available by themselves or can I just get a 8ight nitro body and create my own holes for air flow? The reason I ask is I would like to send this one to my paint guy to have painted up nice for race day however he is booked so it might be a couple weeks before I get it back. I would rather not wait that long to try this thing out. So I was really hoping that I could paint one up for a good "practice body" in the meantime. Please advise.

3. The connector that comes on the ESC. Would it be advisable to remove that and replace with Dean's as that is what all of my batteries (Max Amps 6000mAh 4S) have or should I just look into getting an adapter for to go from this plug to Dean's? What exactly is this type of plug called? Does it have name? I mean this is the first one like this I have seen.

4. I need servo advise. I am not afraid to spend the money to get a good servo however I want to get the right one when I buy. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks to anyone that is willing to take the time to share their knowledge and help me. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks