Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM
freestyles
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Freestyles,

I couldn't agree more. I was not having fun with all the problems I was having on parts support and parts failure with the G4RS. That is why I went back to running Kyosho. It was a tough call between the XRay NT1 and RRR Evo 2 but my decision to go with the RRR was largely based on parts support and durability.
Several of the local racers here are running the NT1 and they seem to go through alot of gears just like the G4RS. I've been runnig my Evo 2 for 2 months now and haven't stripped a single gear and the only thing I've had to replace was a front control arm and a thrust bearing. The thrust bearing blew after the spring nut backed out. Flywheel nut didn't have enough thread lock from the factory.
All in all I'm glad I made the move and racing for me is more fun than ever. Even my buddies are surprised at how mcuh better I'm doing with the new kit. I've been runnig at the front since the move back to Kyosho.
I hope you find a kit that works for you and you find support with parts. It's no fun having to drive in fear of breaking a part you don't have a replacement for. Been there done that but never again.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

Yeah a few guys i know that run the NT-1 have had a few problems with it but you will get teething issues with any new kit and over time i'm sure Hudy will sort them out as they usually do. As for the RRR i don't like how high the exhaust pipe sits up but that's just my opinion others may like it. I'm glad you have found the fun again mate and i hope all goes well while in the 'RED ARMY' who knows if all this crap keeps up i might just be joining you