R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Heck Boomer. I was just going to stick it on there. Now I have had to study a 40 page document.. Anyway the answer to one of your questions is in parallel according to diagram 2 below. If parallel then no centering spring although the servo saver is sprung to center quite stiffly. From feeling the servo inerter I made with my fingers I suspect the inertance is quite high. A long lever will help. It really would need one fewer set of gears as I suspected previously. You can kick it with your fingers and it will rotate all the way to the stop and reflect back some though. Thus friction is fairly low. I will study that doc some more to see where your second question comes in.

Pics 1: schematic of an inerter. That looks just like my servo setup does it not. If you have never peeked inside a servo there are at least four sets of these reduction gears. Note I have cropped out the disturbing parts below the diagram. Pic 2: 2 different ways to hook up your inerter on a car suspension. The shock is box c and the inerter box d in this series. Pic 3: An actual inerter. Note the huge multiplication of the inertia compared to the weight of the device.
john
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Inerter001.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	379734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inerter002.jpg
Views:	1304
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	379736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inerter004.jpg
Views:	1293
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	379737  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-16-2008 at 11:39 AM.