R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
-R2-
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandfan85
Hey R2, I am considering buying a dm1 spec, after seeing them run at the GLARCRC regionals we had here a couple of weeks ago. My question is this; are there any sort of rules these guys are running under or is just "run what you brung". I saw several different motor/pipe combos (.21 & .28). As someone stated in a earlier post, I not interested in buying 2 or 3 $400 to $500 motors. I thought someone had said that they had to be pull start type motors. Anyways if you have any info on some of the rules here in region 12 that would be great.

Since it has just started out here everyone brought something different to the table as in engine but kept the chassis work the same I had a .28 Picco but had problems with so I took my .21 out of my buggy and ran smoother it just didn't have the spank like the .28 and on Jeffrey Lins car he had a Force.28 RTR engine that was good all around the track another driver had a Jammin JPX.21 that was fast.We know in the furture that if this gets any bigger that will split into spec and open but we like the open. To have the speed like a sedan wiht a bigger size in mind looks spectacular and is a whole lot of fun, we're not trying to blow it up into big dollars which the tire factor helped out alot compared to 1/10 sedan racing and buying big priced engines(You can purchase a Picco.28 engine around $220.00 and a .21 for about $250.00and a Force engines sells for about $150.00)and my engines run on standard plugs. And Jeffrey won the race with a Force engine, so only thing I would worry about rules is to have a touring style body with wing attached to the body not the car.And for pipes that was across the table to but I had a Jp-3