Thread: TAMIYA F103 RM
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:34 AM
quick5pnt0
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S

A few questions though:
-In the manual, they say to double side tape the tires to the rims. Should I glue them also?

-How should I go about painting the body? Paint then cut or cut then paint? Also, it looks like they dont include many stickers for the body. I bought a can of red Tamiya paint for the body. Will it be mostly red since there arent alot of stickers?
Tires: Definitely only do one or the other, not both. When I had my F103 many years ago I used the double sided tape and never had a problem with the tires coming loose. Some people opt to use the tried/true method of gluing them, its just a personal preference. I'd suggest that if you are going to glue them don't use the old school method of using contact cement and dipping them in laquer thinner because I believe the Tamiya wheels will melt in the thinner.

Paint: Some do it one way, others do it the other way. My personal preference is to cut the body out first and then paint it. The reason I do it that way is because I've found that if I paint first I wind up scratching the paint when cutting it out. Just make sure you cover the other side of the body with something so it doesn't get overspray on it.