R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Kregger
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I am curious on the HPI Pro-2 how you got rid of some of the slop in the front end of that car. On that car, I'm using plastic a-arm and caster blocks. I have graphite parts that I haven't gotten around to yet. The only pain with the HPI Pro-2 is having to run split-packs with 4-cell, unless you found a way around that.
Slop? I thought itwas a handling characteristic. Truth be told I haven't really gotten rid of any of it. It doesn't seem to affect the car at all. I changed the front camber links to standard ones for more adjustablity though. As for the split packs I run them split. Its nice if I run them in another car I can shift them for setup if I need to. If I'm running LIPO I just lay it across like a stick pack and tape them in, no problem.

Some of our TA gurus take out any toe-in on the rear, Make it 0 degrees.
Thanks for the advice if I find pro-2 blocks with that option I'll try it. I found that I have to run a softer rear end for traction to keep it from swinging out on me at the end of the straight on my track. I also run a oneway in the car, it helps through the turns.

Yo Kregger, how things? Are you guys running VTA a lot at 360? Just curious cause the holidays are coming and theres always a chance I may be in NY for a few days. If I do come up maybe I'll bring my VTA car.

I've been running asphalt ewith my VTA, but I use a spool in both my Cyclone and TC5, and the Cyclone even has the center one way. I plan on keeping it the same for when the carpet comes in. My TC5 is unproven on lap times, but I do think it's faster than my Cyclone. I'll find out this weekend.
Hey Rock. Things are cool up here. No there's no VTA at 360. I'm trying to get it going but everybody right now is just into speed. Ironically the one person I think I could get to run it would be Haynes, and maybe Haneluc. I"ll keep you posted.

I can see running the spool outdoors, but On a track like 360 the spool just doesn't pay.