R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 02:42 PM
RedRocketRacing
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know that it critisized the use of a spool on carpet before, but after this last weekend watching a few Xrays running a spool in 13.5 rubber tire on a small carpet track with high bite, I am now curious if anybody is running one in their Type R? The cars with spools were very controlled on the track. The ability to brake going into the sharp corner gave them alot of control through the chicanes and slow corners. They were also able to control there tire temps well and keep traction for the entire run. I ran Haynes IIC setup on my car and although it was good at the beginning of the run I could not get the car to slow fast enough to make certain corners. Thus causeing the rear tires to overheat and become very loose about 3 minutes into the run. I am going to take the Haynes setup to our next race at a large flowing track as I do believe the one way setup will be great. But want something for those short tracks that seem to give me a bit of trouble. Post whatever setup you have. I have seen all of the Petit RC and team Spoon setup. Lets get those setup that guys have been working on at there local tracks posted.
( I don't have a track that I can race at all time )

RedRocket