R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Jspeed
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Here is an idea that I want many of you to think about. Since we now have so many of the 1/8th scale buggy-type touring cars, how about doing it as a LeMans-type series. You can have all the Spec cars running together but score them in their individual classes (ie: IGT, IGT2, DM-Spec, Ultra GT, Ultra GT2, etc). All the cars would have to be out-the-box stock with the exception of radio upgrades, shock/diff oil changes, and tire upgrades (no foams). Then you can have a GT class where all the cars are treated equally because this would be the class where you can mod your car to the max (ie: engine change, hop-ups galore, etc). This way, you will not be excluding a brand/manufacturer and this will allow racers that may not like Kyosho to buy the brand they are more comfortable/familiar to running.

It could be possible to run everyone together if the scoring systems will support it, the race directors will put in the extra effort to enter the cars according to class and the "Open" cars don't crash into the slower cars because they feel they're in their way. That's a lot of variables

I can't wait to get the new Ipanema GT Tire Warmers. I can see it now.... tires up to temps at the start of each race and the announcer saying.."there goes Jspeed in another area code"