R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA F103 RM
Thread: TAMIYA F103 RM
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Vyger
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well with the nice weather we had over the weekend I did some more painting. I worked on four helmits and painted the interior of the Williams FW-18. The other three helmits are for future builds (Sauber C12, McLaren MP4/6, and a Williams FW-16. I still have to add some decals to the driver (crossing my fingers it works out) then I think I'm done...almost.

First step, glued and screwed the helmit together

Sanded down the edges

Mounted it for painting. I taped it down to a small bottle of paint. This helps too when I'm stickering, it's a little easier to hold on to. I used a clothing hanger to keep it away from my hands.

Added some primer and resanded. Then more primer.

I used the Tamiya polycarbonate paint (PC4) on this helmit so it matches the blue on the car.

Then repeated the process four times. I used gloss acrylic on the yellows and polycarbonate on the white.

I used the Jacques Villeneuve stickers supplied in the kit. The only problem is Tamiya wasn't so accurate with these (probably a licensing thing). His helmit has a pink line going around it. So this had to be painted free hand. I also added the Rothmans stickers, these where sort of thick and didn't lay down so well even with heat. That sort of bummed me out.

I painted the interior with flat acrylic paints and set the helmit in to snap off some pics.