R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 07:48 AM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
jimmy - thanks for the clarification...just wondering cause i'm running slightly looser setting on my front(no slipping)...so i was wondering what would happen if i were to tighten the front slightly(as tight as the rear)...as of now i really like how the car handles so i'm not going to touch it without knowing what it will do to the handling of the car...any more comment regarding this would be really appreciated

thanks
For me in and my testing-I always use these simple rules and it works for me every time.

TIghter front diff for more on-power steering out of corner. Might hurt turn in somewhat. Car feels very direct, but may be harder to be consistent from corner to corner, but FAST. Yu can jump on throttle sooner.

Looser rear diff for more aggressive turn in, might hurt acceleration (speed out of corner) just a tad.I dont stray away from those principles because thats the extent of my testing and experimenting.

I would always try to start with both diffs the same tightness (Well-as cose as you can feel), tight enough to not slip-but not locked.

If car pushes on exit-tighten that front diff. if car is lazy turning in-loosen rear diff. Or a combination of the two.

ALSO-and I thnk this is the key to testing-dont go battery pack to battery pack when doing this type of changes. RUn 5 or 6 laps-come right in-make the change and go right back out. Try and drive as consistent as you can.