R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Southern Indoor Championship
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
BlackBart
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by toycardriver
Straight from RC Pro series rules.

#3. Some racers have picked up sponsors part way through a year because of their performance during the year. As much as we enjoy seeing these people get recognized the Intermediate (sportsman) class is designed for new racers and racers who just want to go have fun.

I went and had fun and have no sponsors = Sportsman.

When there are 4 drivers that run 42 laps and the rest of the field is on 38 laps with the exceptions of breakage and so on, something doesnt fit. I have two plaques on my wall. My fire fighter "Rookie of the Year" and SCCA Rally Co Driver of the year awards. My RC racing plaques and trophies are either in boxes in the attic or at the landfill. If you have to sand bag to win a trophy to prove you are good at driving a toy car you live a sad pathetic life.

Josh Aslinger- 9th Sportsman truggy
Originally Posted by PUDDIN
I understand but I barely make the a in sportsman class in the proseries.To have people mad at me because i have a fuel deal and ran sportsman is crazy
Ok did you read the above post? U may feel u are not that fast but if u finished 6th in the amain of that race u have done very well and i will not take that from u , u should feel very good about that! when u go out and get any deal that say something. yes sponsorship is not just how fast u are, also how u represent that company!

Oh and sorry for calling it a novice class!