R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Southern Indoor Championship
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
BlackBart
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zixxer
i think and im not sure here but im pretty sure that if you have a chassis sponsership i.e. you get an xray vehicle or a losi vehicle etc.etc. for a reduced price or free and you run in the sportsman then shame on you ....some people just feel the need to cheat and what not .....i can give you an example

last years psycho nitro blast i was a team driver for ocm in 8th scale buggy ...even though i was very fortunate to be a team driver i was by no means a pro driver ....but i sucked it up and ran in the pro class .....i gained absolutely nothing except a spot in the F main ....but as a team driver with a deal i felt obligated to run pro ....

in the SIC i ran sportsman truggy ....i have 2 sponsers ....maxamps batteries ...and thetoyz.com

both of which provide me nothing for 8th scale racing ...but i list them because its my obligation .....so all that being said ...you kinda have to check your comment about any sponsership at all ......

further i do know there was sandbagging going on ....once some drivers got to certain numbers of laps the would lay off or have a mysterious problem or something ....sucks that people have to do it ...but they probably always will .......

the race was awesome and should prove to be the premiere southern states race for many years to come thanks to all who made it possible .......
+1 Total agree! If you have a deal with anyone u should not be allowed to run in sportsman! look at the rules at alot of the major races they say if you have or ever had anytype of sponsor u will not run sportsman u have to run PRO!