Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 01:35 PM
dangerwr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Dump the aluminum?

Originally Posted by Tubaboy
Carbon isn't better for bashing. It is stiffer so it is more likely to break.

Best advice, I can give you is dump the aluminum. It adds weight, and just moves the stress to other parts of the t4. But when you hit stuff, yeah you're gonna break, especially if you are hitting stuff hard enough to snap titanium Turnbuckles on a regular basis. Granted, my T4 only sees the track, but on the track I have hit all sorts of things and never broke a turnbuckle.

I have seen plenty of the standard steel black ones bend/break though.
I would have to say that the aluminum is there b/c all else will not hold up! I hit the smallest rock and there goes the rear A-arm. Split. If I hit a hole small enough to upset the T4 and then there goes some titanium "strong stuff ."

I do not race and really, who cares about the weight of aluminum with brushless + LiPo? Probably helps to put some weight back in the thing!

I am not to crazy about the carbon stuff but that is what the FT kit came with. Kinda hard to find the regular plastic stuff unless you wait for it to pop up on ePay. I just replace it with the aluminum after I break a carbon piece twice.

Still have not broken the front carbon A-arms or shock towers so far! Maybe I am asking too much out of a 45 - 50mph R/C car. I just know that people are converting 1/8th scale to brushless and heard they are built like tanks!