R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Jspeed
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vadn1
Jeff,
Please don't take this the wrong way...
But
What did you do on Race #8, Heat #2 to turn a 17.7 on the last lap? Out of 147 laps you only turned
1 lap at 17.7,
14 laps ranging from 18.2 to 18.9,
and the rest 19+ range

Even TQ Paul couldn't get under 18...

was there some hanky panky going on the 17.7 lap.....?
Vad,

No “hanky panky” Bro, I think all of the “GT” cars could have gone faster at Fort Meyers with more time to try different things and getting used to the flow more.

I’ve run the track a lot on VRC and there are fast ways to get around it. On the game I’ve run 26 laps with a Shepherd Speed set-up that has gone 11.4 seconds.

The chicane in front of the driver’s stand is section where you can lower lap times, but your car must be able to take it at full speed without letting up. Not easy to do, a lot of cars have gotten destroyed trying to pull off that move there over the years.

You can make a lot of time on the entry to the infield and the final section approaching the start/finish line if you line it up just right.

The fastest laps always seem to be the last one at “The Fort” because I’m just concentrating on going as straight as possible to the finish line and not worrying about “setting the car up” for the chicane.

The most important thing always remember about racing at “The Fort” is if you loose respect for it, it will bite you.

It’s not called “the most destructive track on earth” by VRC for nothing.