R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OFNA BUGGIES
Thread: OFNA BUGGIES
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Jaz240
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NCWC
If you go with a Hyper7, make ABSOLUTLEY SURE you dont get the one with Pivot ball suspension (PBS). It was my first hobby grade RC car and i could "outdrive" the car so to speak in only a few weeks racing and practicing. There wasnt much steering in the car and it always seemed to have a push that made the car inconsistent to drive. I bought a 777WC and won my first heat race with it and placed 5th in the main against the same competition. Im 100% positive it was the car that was holding me back. The car was great for a begginer tho because it was as strong as a tank and im sure the other Hyper7 versions are the same.
I didn't have any of the same problems you had with your Hyper 7. i bought the pro kit a few years back, and then I built it to PBS-PCR specs. I will admit that the pivot balls needed extra maintenance, but they didn't cause any kind of handling or stearing problems for me. I was meticulous about my set-up though, as I used a caliper for ackerman, toe, squat, and camber/castor. I'm wondering if you just had a bad Hub, which was not threaded properly, that would have caused all kinds of problems.

anyway, its all in the past, since I started racing avidly I switched to X-Ray, and there's a huge difference between racing an X-ray, and racing any Ofna/Jammin buggy out there, but then its just my opinion, we all have different driving styles