R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice, starting 1/12 scale but want cheapo setup
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 AM
chensleyrc1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
the "issue" is when you run Sensored motors w/ SL esc's. if you ran a mamba max ESC/ motor, youd have no trouble not matter what its in. When you run sensored motors w/ SL esc's the car will "stutter" on start up/off the line, but once its rolling its fine. it isnt as bad as you go with faster motors (5.5 vs 17,5), but it still exists. it may not be as bad in a 1/12 because the car/drivetrain is lighter. havent seen anyone try it in a 1/12 tho.(MM is a brick in a 1/12)
I've had the cogging problem in both 1/18th and 1/10 Mamba systems on carpet, running the motors that come with them, and I wasn't the only person experiancing this at my track, they would seem to stutter coming out of the tight corners. But I can say they don't seem to have the problem on the dirt oval or off-road. Maybe something to do with high grip track??
Went to sensored set-up in the TC with LRP speed control and Novak motor and have no problems. Have a Novak 4 cell system in the 1/12 and runs real nice.