R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUCH MORE STOCK RUBBER TIRE NATIONALS AT TRACKSIDE
Old 10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
picco007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
Had a great time as the race this weekend.
Great to see Martin Crisp take the win after his horrible luck on the first day.

But I have to tip my hat to Paul Lemieux.
Paul was there everyday... not racing... just helping any and everyone with their cars. I think he turned more laps testing cars for the racers then some guys who raced.

There was one racer, Jeremy, who had just gotten back into racing after many years away from the sport. Jeremy showed up the day of the race with his HPI Pro2 from the 1990's.
I introduced him to Paul and Paul spent a lot of time getting the Pro2 working. It worked so well Jeremy won the first A main in the Open class and finished second overall.

But Paul wasn't done yet. It turns out Jeremy is battling cancer and well money is tight.
Paul went home got his rubber tire car from this years IIC (TQ car) rebuilt it at the track... set it up for Jeremy's home track... stickered up one of his bodies and had Scotty present it to Jeremy at the awards ceremony.

I think Paul's driving ability is only surpassed by the class he demonstrates and by how much he gives back to the sport.

Damn! That is one of the best things I have heard in the hobby! Paul L. you are the person of this sport that many if not all should model themselves after. Unfortunately, I can't make any of the big races but if I do I hope I get to meet you.

What a great thing to read!