R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KNACK Racing 1/10 220mm GP Car conversion kit
Old 10-02-2008, 04:02 PM
dj apolaro
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Well, I have been able to add 208 grams of weight to the car and have it all secured. However, I still need to add an additional 70grams to get it up to the 2000 gram weight limit. I leaded in the battery tray, the front chassis opening and added 65 grams to other areas all down the center line. I sure feel sorry for a turn marshal if they get in front of one of these cars. They will weight in at just over 4 1/2 lbs.

If nobody shows up with a 235mm car, we might be able to ask for consideration of the weight.

It is not the 235 cars that you have to worry about. It is the advantage over the 200mm car that is the issue. If you go with less weight it makes for an even larger advantage for the 220mm car over the 200mm. It will be interesting to see how many people actually run this class. It makes for high expenses and Mike S. is the only team guy running. Paolo and I are not and the others that have already signed up only signed for the sedan class. Good luck though it should be fun to watch these cars.

DJ