R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
cyclone speed
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Cruisaaja- Awesome! I'd run them them There are so many different versions of the driveshaft components, even I get confused with them sometimes.

Cyclone Speed and bmmer701- Laying down the shocks does "soften" the back end of the car, but it also changes how progressive the suspension is. It will also slow the overall transition from left to right that Cyclone Speed was referring too. It is worth a try though. Sometimes what I do if I'm not sure what will make the car better, I will change something. If that made if better, then I will continue to adjust that setting in that direction. If it made it worse, I go the opposite direction (ie, laying down shock, then if it made it better, lay it down more. If it didn't, then stand them up)

This is a good practice to do sometimes. Different track conditions can make certain changes of the car do the opposite of what you might expect. I can never give you an exact representation of what something will do, because it largely depends on how much grip the track has, and even driving style to a certain extent.

The roll center... That could be the problem. At my home track I always noticed my car felt a little weird with 2mm of shims under all the toe/pivot blocks. When I went to 1.5mm all around the car was a totally different animal. When we have so many shims under those blocks it makes the car turn in nice and crisp, but it bleeds too much grip off in the middle of the corner. So it could give you that feel of "washing out" or "really loose". When you but fewer shims under there, it actually makes the car generate more mechanical grip, especially in the middle of the corner .

Hopefully that all made sense guys.

-Korey
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Oh, the swaybars! Just go one bar thicker all around. I tested this when the grip was REALLY high though. What would happen the car would roll so much, that it would dump over too much. So when I needed to transition to the opposite direction it would make the car really weird an unstable.

Try the roll center changes and the spring/shock change on the back first though. I'm pretty sure those will be more noticable change than the swaybar, especially if your track is low grip.

-Korey
my track is indeed low grip.
But i didnt really understand , should i move from 2mm roll center to 3mm or should i go from 2mm to 1.5mm roll center?
I got this question its abit off topic but i thought that the probleme might be because of the tyres, how do you set up your tyes before the race , i do like this : put some tyre additive leave it for 10 minutes then swipe it with an old t-shirt then put the tyre warmers on at 60deg celsius.Is this the right way , how do you do .
Because the probleme is naybee because of the tyres.