R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cruisaaja- Awesome! I'd run them them There are so many different versions of the driveshaft components, even I get confused with them sometimes.

Cyclone Speed and bmmer701- Laying down the shocks does "soften" the back end of the car, but it also changes how progressive the suspension is. It will also slow the overall transition from left to right that Cyclone Speed was referring too. It is worth a try though. Sometimes what I do if I'm not sure what will make the car better, I will change something. If that made if better, then I will continue to adjust that setting in that direction. If it made it worse, I go the opposite direction (ie, laying down shock, then if it made it better, lay it down more. If it didn't, then stand them up)

This is a good practice to do sometimes. Different track conditions can make certain changes of the car do the opposite of what you might expect. I can never give you an exact representation of what something will do, because it largely depends on how much grip the track has, and even driving style to a certain extent.

The roll center... That could be the problem. At my home track I always noticed my car felt a little weird with 2mm of shims under all the toe/pivot blocks. When I went to 1.5mm all around the car was a totally different animal. When we have so many shims under those blocks it makes the car turn in nice and crisp, but it bleeds too much grip off in the middle of the corner. So it could give you that feel of "washing out" or "really loose". When you but fewer shims under there, it actually makes the car generate more mechanical grip, especially in the middle of the corner .

Hopefully that all made sense guys.

-Korey