R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS V-Spec Rebuild - Part Dos
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM
mugenb46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
Some of you may recall a post from me a while back about how my first gen V-Spec started flaming out and sounding terrible. I took it apart, baked it in the oven, removed and replaced the front and rear bearings, replaced the con-rod, and put it all back together...correctly I think.

FF to last Saturday. I was at the track and decided I would try to get the thing running. I got it fired up but could only keep it running when it was around 1/3 throttle and that was idle RPMs. I took off the air filter to see what was going on with the car and it was spitting fuel out and all over the buggy. Not a ton but I don't except to see any fuel coming OUT of the carb intake. I put all the needles at factory settings then cranked them down a little so it wouldn't be super rich. I can get it started and it will rev up well but it's rich and won't idle normally.

What do you think is going on? In what order should I start checking things and troubleshooting?
normally a v spec will spit fuel out the carb when it's very fat, this accures alot during breakin, and is a good sign that it has plenty of fuel running through it.

Check the plug, or did you change to a cooler plug, and are the correct shims installed in the head button.

When you where trying to get it to tune right before it may have put your settings way off.

Also, did you change pipes, this will change the tune also.