R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 17.5 Question - Performance across brands?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
The fact of the matter is that way too much emphasis is placed on these motors and not enough on the indivdual driving the car. When you are driving your car through the boards it really doesn't matter how fast you motor is right..

So please stop spending time trying to seek out the fastest motor and spend some quality time at the track driving and setting you car up properly and you may be surprized how "fast" your motor can be.

Yes, I have watched a couple of you drive.

Travis
Exactly!! Just buy any old crappy motor you can get your hands on. See that way when your skills improve and you stop hitting things, then you can purchase a whole new motor so you can keep up with the other guys who aren't hitting things!!! Makes perfect sense. You really wanna spend that extra $80 later right?

Posts like the one quoted are completely retarded. Nothing was added to the discussion within the thread. Noone wants to buy more motors than they need to. A little research never hurt anyone, but it can save you some coin, allowing you to spend more money on practice time at the track. I don't understand why simple product research threads always have to be polluted with someone spouting crap about others' driving.