R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bad Lipo cell? or what?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 07:57 AM
ercwhtsd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
I have never had this large a difference in cells ever before, in fact my other packs have never been out of balance which is why I wasn't in a big hurry to get a balancer for this pack. So I get up this morning and the balancer shows that it is done.... wow you were not kidding about taking forever. Hopefully its taken care of now.

How would I check it out?

Anyone know how to check the voltages of this pack (Deans/JST XH) with a multimeter. Or will I have to hook it up to something like the CORE UDC-20?

Is this sort of imbalance ok or a sign of bad things?
What we have seen here with my sons packs, reedy 5000 and 3200, is that we have to at least check them every charge cycle.If they go way out of balance it will take at least 5 charge cycles to bring them back in. I have not tried them with a charge through balancer, so they make take a little longer. I use the Common Sense Balance Pro with a reverse polarity adapter on the Ice Charger and it works just fine after they came back in balance.

You should be able to check your cell voltages thru you JST/balance plug, red wire and first black should be 1 cell and black/black should be 2nd cell, 1st and 3rd entire pack.