R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC8 Worlds Edition
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:21 AM
ehartman_49348
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IanWright
I completely agree... a new version with all that would have me getting a new one now my current ride has finished its life. Right now, buying a new car then the shocks has me wondering if i should try something else until it comes out - RC8 is my first competitive gas ride.

Point is, i would imagine they will do an updated version... for a first 1/8th it is an awesome car and ready to be taken a step further... and hopefully think through things like the castor bushings being easily identifiable, the steering block collets which are a great idea until they get full of gunk and so on. The plates with the dot inserts all round would be cool... for rear toe adjustment as well as reducing slop - the holes in the plates for the hingepins seem to wear really quick. Maybe even rethink the A B C D plates attachment and have a bolt and nut run all the way through as standard to make it more solid.

Of course keeping the things like the clutch system (I hate changing clutches, but RC8 is a breeeeze!), fuel tank held in by clips so its easy to pull out... the system for the wings adjustability. Oh, and the body shell... the stock one lasts!

So i guess a list of what would be cool in a version 2...

1. Big bores.
2. Aluminium top plate
3. Steering mod as standard.
4. Easy read/coded castor adjustment.
5. Hinge pin insert adaptors all round for inner hinge pins.
6. Steering/castor block attachment.
7. Rear hubcarriers upgraded for strength.
8. Big wheels
9. A bottle of Ryan Maifields skills.
10. Long nut and bolt through for diff cases.
You left out one thing: A double dosis of good luck.... Other than that I think your points make a lot of sense and I hope someone from AE reads this and moves it forward... It won't help me much as I already have 2 (technically 3 if my buddy ever pays me for the one he bought from me....) RC8s....