R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Not your typical "which engine" thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:27 AM
wingracer
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
To be honest the reason is that I completely suck as a driver. My throttle finger works like a light switch full on or full off. I am trying to work on that as I know it is crucial to being a better driver. In the meantime I have been thinking for quite some time now of buying a now power mill to help me till I get my finger to cooperate. I currently have a falcon .21 and a jp mod b5 both of which are smooth engines but have a little more power than I am looking for which is why I am looking for a no power, wont get out of its own way engine. Thats the only reason.
How about a low power, instead of no power option. RB S3 is a fantastic motor with decent but not huge power. Plus you get Novarossi quality and longevity at budget motor price. If it still makes too much power just go to a smaller restrictor, lower nitro, softer clutch springs and/or go up a tooth on the clutch bell to tame it down. Then is you find you need more power as your driving and set-up improve just reverse all those things. For even more power, the motor responds very well to being modded.