View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #950
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Here are pictures of my 200mm Darkside I-Fource. On our local track I've won the last sereis, leading the current and have re-set fastest lap a few times, so the set up is pretty good for this track. I'll be running at our new club track in Denver starting in October, it's larger and is a Jack Only track so traction should be more like other places.

The old car has almost the same set up as the new car. (Novak on Old, Tekin on new). Both cars use Darkside Caster blocks that are spaced in and I'm using the 2nd hole down from the top. This gives little or no camber gain when the suspension compresses. I am also using long king pins with oval type front springs. I'm using RC4Less spring all around the car to keep the setting simple. Fronts for the carpet are purple (outside car was green)

As you can see, I'm running the Orion Carbon pack which fits under the stock battery set up. I'm using a CRC ball stud #1407 that uses a flat head 4/40 screw to mount from the bottom. Counter sink the head and no clearance issues. You might also be able to see that I have added weight to the top of the battery. I also have added weight below in the battery cut outs. This is a little tricky, but once I have a better looking set up I'll post as well. You might also notice the weight on the tire protector on the old car. That's all the weight I needed to balance the car!!!

Center shock, I have gone to a larger shock for operation and spring options. Side shocks are the standard in the kit. With the RC4Less springs, I turn down the end, as the springs are really tight and hard to adjust. I use an o-ring behind the adjuster to keep if for moving during the race.

On the GT1, you can see how the front bumper is in front of the body. Darkside has a new bumper that will work with this type of body. I've run the prototype, so I know it is in production.

Rear axle is just as it comes in the kit. I do use the Darkside spur protector that he sells for the oval cars. Comes in handy!!!

I'll do a set up sheet later for both the 200mm and 235 cars.

Also, I am not sponsored by any company for anything. I've like how Eric's cars work for me so I've run them. Same thing for RC4Less. I'm running his tires on the car for price, compound choices and the color rims work with my paint!! He has a full like of king pins, shims, springs to go along with the shocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette Right RCTech.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	373997   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT1 Right RCTech.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	373998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old I-Fource Chassis RC Tech.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	374000   Click image for larger version

Name:	New I-Fource Chassis RC Tech.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	374003  
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com

Last edited by Grenade10; 09-26-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote