R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I need advice.
Thread: I need advice.
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 04:32 PM
minimusprime
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo
As the father of a 7mo little boy, I will attest it gets busy!

MY RC has taken a back seat, and its okay at times, but I made some compromises and I try and make it out to the track once a month provided that I have the time and $$. I have over 30 cars in my collection. most are just sitting, but I have several that see regular action.

Everyone's situation is different. If you are hurting for $$, it might be worth it to sell you equip. If you can afford to sit on it, i don't forsee any huge leaps in technology for a while, namely the BL and Lipo. Cars change every few years, so you are prolly okay there too. Id hold onto it.

My fiance' Is very understanding and has gone to the track with me a few times. Most of my friends that I race with understand that my extraciricular activities are on hold, but they are happy when i come out. If your significant is understanding, perhaps some kind of arrangement can be made. Heck, even taking 20-30 min just to run in your backyard or in the street can make a difference.

Consider it Therapy!

Keep in mind, the Lipos like to remain charged, so if you DO have to leave your RC sit for a bit, you aren't going to kill the Lipo batteries.

Congrats on the upcoming birth of the child.

MOmo
word.