R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lithium Poly Batteries - The future of R/C!
Old 08-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Accord
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: DerekB......

Originally posted by DerekB
I write for XRC yes, in fact, I'm the Excutive Editor.
Little off topic here, but i'd just like to say XRC is my favorite magazine, sure any magazine can write a review of a product, but you guys do it in a fashion which makes reading the articles enjoyable. I never bother reading the editorials in other magazines, but I always do in XRC because of all the witty comments and whatnot, the numerical thing at the bottom of the "Rules That Suck" editorial this month was hilarious, and I wholeheartedly agree with you about IFMAR qualifying being boring. Friends would ask me to do something with them on a Friday night and I tell them I have racing that night and they reply asking if they could come and watch, I always tell them that unless they're on the drivers stand racing they will have a very boring time and not to even bothing coming and watching, if every qualifier was balls to the wall like it is in the mains, I would never turn down a freind from coming because I know they would have a good time watching. Just like the rule change in Formula 1 this year regarding the qualifying format, qualifying is very boring, even to the diehard F1 aficionado.

Sorry for the off topic post .