R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Your opinions on the Caster Racing Fusion
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 AM
cla5675
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
I do feel that the electronics are the things that are holding the rest of the world from entering the class of electric 8th scale. ESCs, BEC's, and voltage cutoffs are very intimidating to beginners. When the MMM is re-released and is fool-proof, more people will come along.
I totally agree!! I'm a 1/10th electric off-road racer that has gotten into 1/10th touring cars simply because all the off-road tracks around my area are built for 1/8th buggies and truggies. The Fusion will be my first 1/8th buggy because it allows the use of ROAR approved lipo's that I already own. Once manufacturers figure out how to make the 1/8th ESC's plug-n-play then I'll get the Fusion and start racing 1/8th scale. Hopefully Losi's new system works well and Castle figures out the BEC problem with the MMM. Until I know I can buy an ESC and just plug it in then I'm going to stand on the sidelines and watch. I also feel once ROAR sets some rules for this class and we start running it at large races then we will see more people getting into 1/8th electric. I know a lot of people don't agree with me, but once ROAR approved lipo's for use in 1/10th racing the Ni-mh packs at my track all but disappeared. I realize I'm not comparing apples to apples with that analogy, but I think without a basic set of rules many people are afraid they'll spend $300 on a 6S pack then not be able to use it at some events. I'll shut up now!!

Last edited by cla5675; 09-23-2008 at 09:37 AM.