R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $600+ Buggys perform poorly
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 04:02 AM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

Its sad to see people saying things like what im reading at the moment.

First of all i dont want to sound rude but if i do forgive but im not having a go at any of you so i apologise if i offend anyone .

First not everyone here is an engineer not even racers and most dont know anything about geometry or engineering .
Hara is a top racer and an even better human being but we have to admit he can drive a piece of soap with wheels on it .
The D8 did not win him the race the pit strategy and the fuel economy of the Os engine won him the race not the buggy.
I did some calculations and if the top 4 drivers were all on the same pit stops Mike Truhe would have won that Race by over 32 secs and thats a true fact and hara would have ended up third or fourth .

Its got nothing to do with a buggy .A buggy is tops when anyone can drive it easily straight out of the box and there is only probably 3 only that can do that .

so guys what im saying is all buggies are great in there own way but saying a cheaper model has won the world title and the expensive models are crap is not nice .

well there is my two cent worth.

Its all marketing dudes like what wins on sunday will sell on monday but what wins on sunday might not win for you .