R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 09-20-2008, 01:44 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Lieb2-Thanks. I needed to.

I thought I would give a little Hurricane Ike report as that is the reason I have been away from the computer. I survived the Hurricane in place. 50 souls did not. I am 50 miles fromt the coast, but we sustained 80-100 mph winds for two 4 hour sessions. The eye passed very near. We have mostly tree and roof damage in our neighborhood, but I saw the surge tide rising in the street as the current reversed for a time. Thats 50 miles away and we are getting surge tide up the bayou. I lost 3 trees. I lost power and still have not regained it 1 week after the storm. Quick action by the mayor and Center Point restored water pressure just as it was about to run out. Temps have been somewhat mild. 4 million people without out power. Most of galveston under 5 feet of water inside the homes. A lot of house destruction on the coast.

Battle Axe
I received a CRC newsletter by e-mail in the interim. There are some exciting changes to the Battle axe coming. LiPo ready, Offset Pod, Some as of yet not mentioned trickery to the rear pod. I was promised one of the first cars off this new run gratis. Look to see it here soon. I will ask for all the new goodies in place as that is probably what we will be running. LiPo 13.5 on asphalt with offset pod like the other guys here run.

pic:carport next door, typical park scene right now, typical huge tree. This one blocked the road until locals sawed it up.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Ike 003 resized.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	372429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Ike 004 resized.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	372430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Ike 005 resized.JPG
Views:	247