R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion 3800 Lipo or Team Trinity 3800 Lipo?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Verndog
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Time to say good-bye to my Trinity 3800 lipo packs.In two days i melted the positive female poles in both packs.I opened the hard cases and i saw the worst soldering work i have ever seen.These packs suppose to be 25C rated so melting a pole with my Mamba max 7700 with very conservative gearing isn't normal.They sould use better quality female bullet connectors and better soldering or cables insted of bullets.And for last just one question.I charge these 3800 lipo on 1C (with or without balancer) the charging stops when the pack gets full capacity 3800mAh and it's still on cc.It can't pass to cv charging mode and the voltage after charging is about 8.15v so i have to recharge it again and only in this way i can get the 8.4v and continue in cv mode until fully charge.In this second charge the pack is taking 350-400mA more.Why this happens? It's a 3800mAh pack or 4200mAh? According this i assume it's a 4200 mAh.Or im wrong?
Sorry to hear that. I've run mine with my MM7700 in mod about 8 runs no problems yet. I have seen evidence of what your saying though. I've seen 2 different people short the Trinity pack out by touching the positive to the neg by accident. Battery was dead / toast in both cases. I did this once on my Orion before I painted the red on pos. and it did nothing to the battery besides a zap spark...still charges and works fine.