R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya DF-03 type
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
pgeldz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I just received the Five Stars Front Hingepin Brace for my DF-03MS. Some issues that I saw with them:

I think these were meant to be installed with the front bumper removed. I currently have the GPM aluminum front bumper installed, I don't see how this brace can be fitted on without cutting out a notch where the loops of the brace are.
Hmm, you think the front hingepin brace would work with the stock bumper, or is it the GPM bumper that's causing the problem?

If not, would it be ok to use the stock lower gearbox without any bumper and just use the T-bones bumper since it mounts to the bottom of the chassis?

All the parts I ordered should be here Friday, including all the Five Stars stuff. I can't wait! (rubs hands together)

Also Tom, I meant to ask you...I can only get HPI and Yokomo shock oil here. What would be the equivalent to the 55w/45w you are using in your buggy if I go with the stock white 2 hole pistons front/rear?

The other set up I wanted to ask you about is if I use the touring pistions (smaller holes), I thought of using the 2 hole up front/3 hole out back, and the same oil all around. If I do that, what oil weight you think would be good for that set up? 35w?

Please let me know...I start the build hopefully this weekend!

- Paulie