R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Low_E
Tech Regular

castle charge for repairing?
Just look on their website. They have a sheet mentioning all prices.
(http://www.castlecreations.com/support.html)

I had some other another problem lately.
I was running my 1/10 electro Predator X10 (off-road), spektrum radio and receiver, Mamba Max and CC 5700Kv-motor, EP4600-battery.

I tuned the MambaMax with the help of my laptop yesterday.
1. when trying to link with the MambaMax from my Win Vista-pc (which worked fine previously), the Castle Link-program kept crashing whenever I tried saving a setup, or loading one.
I looked around for some info and fould the advice about updating .net.
I was not able to find any link to the previously versions of .net, previously installed on my PC, but did install the latest version 3.5 over it. I restarted the pc ... but still the same probs. ... uninstalled Caslte link, restarted, re-installed Castle Link ... same probs over and over.

I then connected the MM to my WinXP-laptop and everything went fine there.

2. Amongst some settings I chose a 50%-brake setting on the MambaMax.
But during the day I discovered I needed more brake-power and tried to tune the MM with the help of my receiver, as described in the little manual.
I did get 4 "rings" (translmitter on, full throthle, then switching on the ESC) but then, instead of the two confirming beeps, I got a continous beeping ... and could not set anything up.
Where did I go wrong? I followed the manual step by step but was not able to get the MM into setup-mode, since not having my laptop at the track. Very inconvenient!

Last edited by Low_E; 09-14-2008 at 02:10 PM.