R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Jaco Rubber Tires
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 AM
mac853
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
mac853,

If your on asphalt outdoors and it's 97deg F outside then Jaco blues are a poor choice. I definitely would not go near greens. With temps that high the asphalt surface is probably in the 135-145deg F range. Sorex 36 or 40 would be a much better choice. If your wearing these tire types out that fast you need to look at your setup and driving style.

Jaco are great tires, so I'm not putting them down at all hear, but just not for that high a temperature. If the track surface was around 100-125 Deg F then Jaco Blues would be a good choice.

You could also look at RP, and Much More tires. It looks like Much More has been making some major strides in tires of late and since Jaco does not have a tire for high temps these are your bert choices.
Sorry from lack of information, in the case we are running on brushed concrete, 2 guys(brothers) going to 1-2 in the A main and TQ are running like locomotives on the rails, then they said me each 1 are running Blue and Green, instead of Yellow is too much soft, they said didn't run Sorex in so much month, RP and Much More are not really working so good for them.