R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nomadio Sensor
Thread: Nomadio Sensor
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
JeffEmbracedDC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlinds
ok so i was wondering which radio is better the Nomadio Sensor (not the one with really small screen the tall one with backlit screen) or the DX3R?
I personally use a Nomadio Sensor. I have not tried the DX3R but I know many racers who use them.

It really depends on what you're looking for in a radio. If you need a large backlit screen and large text to relay telemetry readings (temperature, voltage, etc) then the Sensor would be a better bet.

If you don't need that - the DX3R would suffice but personally I would get the Nomadio React over the DX3R. The Nomadio DSM system has an insanely fast response time.

All of these radios are lighter than most radios considering they operates on 6v. Great for long nitro mains. The sensor is the heaviest of the 3 due to its larger size and large screen bolted on. The DX3R and Sensor are exceptionally lightweight especially when paired with a 2s LiPo battery. (Note, 2s LiPo transmitter batteries MUST be used with a 6v voltage regulator or you will damage your radio).

DX3R Pros:
Lightweight
Cheaper
More common/easy to find spare RXs

Sensor Pros:
Backlit Screen
Faster response time
Built-in telemetry system
Superb quality/customer service
Computer programmability

React Pros:
Lightweight
Faster response time
Built-in telemetry system
Computer programmability
Superb quality/customer service

At the end, any of these radios would be a good choice. Personally I chose the Sensor because I race electric 1/8th buggies where you need to keep a close eye on LiPo battery voltages and motor/ESC temperatures. If this was not as imperative I would have chosen the React which still supports the same telemetry system, just on a smaller non-backlit screen.

-Jeff

Edit:

I just noticed your signature. I have a very similar setup (Losi 8, Neu 1512/2D/F, 4S/5000Mah). If you have any issues whatsoever with heat or voltage I highly recommend the Sensor. The sensor and I believe also the React have programmable audible/vibrating alarms on certain events (temp too high, batts to low, etc).