R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What Tire & Insert Combination For Hot Asphalt
Old 08-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Neil Rabara
Tech Elite

Originally posted by acloco
Neil......have you called Billy about your sorex problem? What is the problem anyways?
The problem I, and numerous others here, have had was the glazing of the tire either not wearing completely off, or only the sidewalls wearing off. Because of this, the tire became inconsistent with no traction. Yes, I've tried numerous insert combinations but to no avail. I've even tried trueing the tire on a tire lathe to get past the glazing, but it still came down to the side wall wearing out fast. In the most recent batch, the main surface of the tire looked new, while the sidewalls wore down to the belt. If you guys are thinking it might be the car, I ruled that out because before every run, I put it through its normal routine of checking droop, ride height, camber angles, tweak, etc. I put on a different make tire and never looked back.

I don't see how Billy Bowerman can help. Not after 3 full sets of Sorex tires that I went through, not to mention the other drivers at Socal having the same problem.