R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Boomer Thanks.

13.5 LiPo
I got another practice in before Hurricane Ike tears us all up. I used the radio timer again to gauge performance. Based on the last test, I thought I could use a softer rear tire. The car is accelerating more like mod pan now. Forward traction seems more neccesary. I went to XXpinks on the front to reduce wear and Pinks on the rear. I practiced different lines as it is a new ballgame with the LiPo. With the wide line that Jeff has always wanted me to run I cut another tenth off my average practice lap. .3 s better than four cell now. This was the first time the very wide line was the clear winner with my car. The faster speeds on the straights could now compensate for the extra run line distance, while the big turning arc kept up the corner speed.

I put the XXPink/Purple rears back on and lost that .1s advantage, even with the wide run line. I will try rears in between. Pro-ten Holland likes Magentas on the back of his mod pan these days. I always like the pinks. Eventually I will try Dave Pull's recently posted combination on the clock. I have run purple right front and pink left front before, but the pink left rear intrigues me as it might cut down on corner exit hooking by applying more torque steer to the right from that soft left rear tire. This will probably work best on the battle axe.

Motor temps and speed control temps were good with about 7 minute runs.

John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 09-12-2008 at 10:45 AM.