R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ok so i did totally the opposite of what i thought
Old 09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ClayKann101
Why is it such a piece? At my track theres a bunch of Dx2s and Dx3s around thats what gave me the idea to get it. So whats better for my money? O ya i dont wanna deal with frequency's also.
Go look at the specs. The radio itself works fine, it just doesn't have 1 important feature. No exponential. You can USE it just fine that way, but exponential allows you to take some initial sensitivity out of the steering (and throttle/brake, if desired.)

The DX2 and DX2.0 are both without the exponential.

The DX3.0 and DX3R both have exponential. I recommend getting one of those if you want a radio made by Spektrum, or look for another good radio with a spektrum module, perhaps used.

For example, I bought my M8 (top of the line radio but a few years old) WITH a spektrum module (no receiver) for $80. I already had a DX2 and receiver, so I put the DX2 aside and used the receiver... best upgrade I could have done in that price range. The M8 has a lot of stuff I never use... (ABS? Yeah, whatever!) but it is a great radio.

Don't get me wrong... the DX2 works just fine... but having exponential to take some intial steering sensitivity out without restricting overall steering travel is REALLY helpful, especially if you have a twitchy car. (or if you have twitchy hands... like me!)