R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????
Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
MACHFIVE
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Sup guys! We are trying to get our World GT class off an running at our local track. These are the rules we are thinking about so far:

- Any 200mm chassis
- 4 cell 4600 mah max
- 13.5 or 17.5 (any brand but still deciding which one)
- Jaco Lilac's
- Any IIC approved body until Sophia becomes widely available.
- run 5 minutes

We talked about doing a spec motor, but the feeback is people don't want to buy another motor and they want to run their brand X motor they already have. I see both sides of this coin for motors - cost vs. even playing field.

I think we are going to land on no spec motor just to keep cost down.

How does all the other rules sound? Should we open up tires to other brands of Lilacs? Just trying to be as fair as possible - I think we need to stick with the same shore rating, but I know others will soon follow.

Anyone tried a 17.5 in 1/10 Pan car? The reason we are leaning this way is to break the easy of entry barrier for newbies. It will be slow for some, but managable for EVERYONE.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, concerns, compaints, or biSHes?
Good to see you're building off the IIC World GT rules. Go with a 10.5 instead of a 13.5. What about ride height? Everything else looks spot on.

I'm loving it...First USVTA comes along, then World GT and they all have no affiliation with ROAR.