Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 05:41 AM
Taylor-Racing
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Checking out on my post?
Oooop's . . . you sprung me.

Heheh, good one Perhaps... But he was actually wanted to achieve more steering that he overdid it... He was using 37 shore front and 35 shore rear tires with no front and rear sway bars connected. Michael Salven went one up when he did not used front sway bars (only in the rears) for the Euros... Perhaps they somehow communicated with each other that weekend While Michael was successful with the no sway bars stunt, Ralph was unfortunate. Changes in the track conditions (temperature went down) made Ralph's car traction rolled.
Interesting you say this. I'm not too familiar with Serpent stuff, but one of the local racers turned up with his 705 apparently set up as per Slaven with no sway bars and Xray top arms or something. He said it was very docile and not at all what he was used to. I think he liked it. Too bad we only got one run before the rain settled in.

While the engine may not be lowered, the steering servo is The 2 speed gearbox 0.8 modules are also part of the enhancement. I believe roll center of the car is also altered by the different suspension arms.
True enough. My point was really on "hoopla" in general and how so many people seem to get terminally sucked in by it. The Evo certainly has a lower CG than the old car, but I reckon the new front end geometry is the biggest improvement.