R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Jason Pelletier
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRDS10
RB you are wrong about the penalty. The rule states that you cannot gain a competitive advantage by shortcutting the track. He gained a competitive advantage, without a doubt.
Well me and Kimi Raikkonen feel differently.........

La Gazzetta dello Sport quotes defending World Champion Kimi Raikkonen as being prepared to testify on behalf of arch rival Lewis Hamilton at the FIA hearing that will result from Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' protest of the penalty imposed on Hamilton after the Belgian Grand Prix.

"I don't care what the stewards said, as far as I was concerned, Hamilton let me by as we passed the pits", said Raikkonen in Geneva today. "I got ahead, I tried to defend the position and the race was on again. My car was for sure very difficult on the prime tyres in the rain and Lewis got by me into the hairpin. That was that."

Raikkonen went on, "For sure, I don't like to lose but I don't like to win through stupid decisions. People say I have lost the love (for F1) but yesterday I showed that second was not what I wanted. There are five races to go and I plan to win them all. I'm not the sort to give up that easily."

Asked if he was prepared to testify to that effect if the McLaren protest goes to the FIA, Raikkonen simply said, "Yes, why not."