R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Warpspeed Racing
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 09:22 PM
acloco
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mr Warpspeed
acloco:

What springs are you using? I normally run asphalt, blue up front and gold in the rear with 45 wt oil all the way around. I run 3 deg toe-in and 2 deg in camber all the way around. I run 2 deg kick up and 2 deg c-blocks. The car is hooked up.

Here are some pics of my new WARPSPEED Mission with Losi c-hub suspension.
Mr. Warpspeed....how hot is the track? What tires/inserts? Just curious.

All of the Schumacher drivers should be drooling and CALLING you for the info on how to make the changes to their car. Looks good!!

James....yes...45 seemed a bit too heavy. Car never really stuck to the track.

Warspeed.....2 degrees of camber on this track....will make you buy new tires every 3rd pack! hehe

My setup.............again...this IS a NEUTRAL setup that I would start with at any asphalt/concrete track....obviously, not carpet.

1 degree camber all the way around.
0.5 toe out in front.
3+2 in the rear (or 3+1 + 0.5 losi xxx-s hubs in the rear for a little more side bite)
45wt oil, #2 pistons, red springs front, gold rear
f+2 block with zero degree hubs in the front
one way in the front
Front shock middle/upper hole, outer lower hole.
Camber links...upper/outer
Rear shocks-same as front
Camber links - same as front

I used Sorex 36 with Sorex Medium Thick A inserts early in the day (4 packs in practice). Switched to 36 type A firm inserts.....then 36 with HPI red inserts.....then to Sorex 28 with HPI red inserts.

I am going to change the shock oil to 30 all the way around.....and add some caster up front.

I almost.....and coulda/shoulda/probably will run a rear shock tower up front if the shock oil & caster blocks don't do the trick.

But, I will definitely try your setup.

Of another note....relating to the 2 degree camber.....I use a fairly hard rim....almost no flex. Previously I used the Yokomo rim (not plastic....but the delrin (not the flexible one)...don't have the part number. I have now switched to the Integy/Atlas rim....very inexpensive....but tough!!! $5 for a set of four high quality rims....good deal!! http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...52103170060.35

I agree.....I don't like those days of 90+ temp....and 150 degree asphalt either.....but ANY day R/C racing....well.....is a GREAT day. I know it may sound like a broken record....but Speed World is a NICE facility....Billy & Tracy works their proverbial butt off there. The best part is the racers.......all A+ people.