R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the penalty for not marshalling?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
d16dcoe45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmey
A good kick in the AZZ !!!.....To marshal is fun for me as you get the ring side seat and you see how other buggys perform on the turns and jumps.
It allso shows that you are not too proud to help out and pick up a few cars !!!
Timmey
Its not a "ring side seat"--you should be watching your corner and nearby corners if that marshall isn't on his game. Its not a good time to see how people are driving, save that for when you are truly spectating a race. I see too many marshalls staring into space or walking slowly to cars. I have made my own marshalling mistakes over time (feet getting in front of cars, putting cars down into moving traffic) but I always give a good effort.

Another thing I always see (and I totally disagree with it) is a driver expecting a marshall to look over his car and try to fix it on the spot if it stopped moving--even if its something small like a ball cup or the receiver switch turning off I believe the car should be put down or passed to a marshall closest to the drivers stand and let the driver fix it. I expect the same treatment when I am driving. If I crash and break, put down my car or if there is time pass it to a closer marshall and I will get it and try to fix it quickly . The marshall should retrieve crashed cars and nothing else.